Enrol online - Undergraduate Students

You must enrol in NZSM papers and other Victoria University papers through the Victoria University Online Enrolment system. Enrol in other non-NZSM Massey papers through the Massey University Online Enrolment system.

Please note: adding non-NZSM Massey papers to your degree will require the completion of a separate enrolment from Massey University; these papers will then be cross-credited to your NZSM degree.

We strongly recommend that you enrol online as early as possible as there are some courses that you will need to take for your degree which will have limited places, and it is possible that you could miss out on getting into these courses if you leave your enrolment too late.

Each of the Bachelor's Degree in Music (BMus) majors have their own set of required and recommended courses. You should carefully check these requirements through the following links (each will open in a new window.) Don't hesitate to contact the appropriate Programme administrator if you have any queries. If you are interested in undertaking a BA with a Major in Music you should check the requirements here

Postgraduate Students:
Master's, PhD, DMA, GDipMus, BMus(Hons), PGDip, ArtDip

If you are a GDipMus, BMus(Hons), or PGDipMus applicant you should enrol online.

The following thesis-based programmes DMA and PhD require paper (hard copy) enrolments.
Download our application form for an NZSM Doctoral programme and our notes to applicants (pdf, 364KB).

The following thesis-based programmes, eg MMA, MMus, MMusTher must complete two application forms
1.the primary form - Victoria University Postgraduate application form
2. the supplementary NZSM form application form for an NZSM Master's programme (MSWord.docx, 383KB) and our notes to applicants.

Please email the postgraduate administrator with questions regarding application to any of these programme. 


International Students - How to Apply

If you are an international student (ie you are or will be studying on a Student Visa) you will need to apply for admission either through Victoria International or Massey International.

Performance (Jazz and Classical) applicants should contact the appropriate NZSM Programme Administrator as well as applying through the Victoria International or Massey International process.

Victoria International • Level 2, Rutherford House, 23 Lambton Quay, Wellington
Phone: 04 463 5350 • Fax: 04 463 5056 • Email: Victoria-international@vuw.ac.nz

Massey International • Tennent Drive , Palmerston North
Phone: 06 350 5599 • Fax: 06 350 5698 • Email: international@massey.ac.nz

General questions and information


For more information on whether you need to audition go to our Auditions page.

What level of music theory do I need to enrol?

See the Your music theory level page for more information including Self Assessment Tests (with answers) so you can judge whether you will be prepared to sit the entrance test if applicable. 

Where can I get course advice and answers to my enrolment queries?

Contact your Student Adviser at FHSS or go to the NZSM contact page.

Important Studylink information

When applying online for Student Loans, Allowances or other Studylink-administered funds, you will be asked to enter your Education Provider.
Enter 'Victoria' into the search box, and you will be presented with a list containing the NZSM campuses. Select the one that you will be studying at.
Please note that if you are asked to enter an education provider in the future, and you are not given the NZSM campus options, please specify Victoria University as your education provider.