Māori and Pasifika students
Kia ora, Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Bula vinaka, Namaste, Talofa ni, Halo ola keta, Mauri!
Courses on Māori and Pasifika subjects
- PERF 151: Māori Music Performance
- PERF 251: Pasifika Performance 1
- PERF 351: Pasifika Performance 2
- MUSC 251: Perspectives on Music and Dance of Oceania
- MUSC 351: Studies in Music and Dance of Oceania
- MUSC 353: Topic in Music of the Pacific Islands
- NZSM 458: Topic in Music of the Pacific Islands
You can see images from some of the 2012 performances associated with these courses on the NZSM facebook pages.
Māori Student Support
Our institution of enrolment, Victoria University of Wellington, provides considerable information on Māori student support on its website. You will also find information on the Māori Student Association, Ngāi Tauira, which has a full executive consisting of eleven students who work and advocate for tauira Māori issues. Being active with both political and social activities Ngāi Tauira aims to serve Māori students and to make their time at University as successful as possible.
Pasifika and Māori Students Families/Whanau Evening
NZSM has also signalled its support to Pasifika students with the beginning of an annual Pasifika and Māori students, staff, and families evening where it is hoped that a more connected and collective effort on both sides will lead to further supporting the success and achievement of Pasifika and Māori students at NZSM in the future.